Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Bar

Since my last 2 posts have been Dar then Car, I decided today could be Bar, except I really don't have any good bar stories, they are pretty lame actually. Well, except the night Josh and I were up in Traverse City and we had a won a trip to stay at the Trillium. Which is this huge classy hotel with a gorgeous upstairs dining area, and it's all windows so you can see Traverse, way too expensive for my taste, but it was all paid for by the company. Anyways, I am not the classiest person in the world, I have my moments, but we had our dinner and decided to have a drink afterwards. I was pregnant at the time (and pretty far along too, so people looked at me funny, like they never seen a pregnant woman) and so I looked on the menu for something safe, (non-achoholic) and decided on a hot chocolate with a touch of mint. Innocent right? Wrong. They bring Josh his wine, and even in my drink, and they managed to put straight Creme de Menthe in it, and I took one sip and knew what they did. Of course, our waiter understood what had happened, but it was one of those fall off the face of the earth kind of moments. You feel so ridiculous for being so stupid. It was the kind of restaurant where they didn't have the prices on the menu, basically if you had to look at the prices, you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I can't believe it's Wednesday. I'm still stuck on it being Monday, I guess my week stopped on Monday, when I took Dar in, and I haven't been able to get through it. We had a re-check yesterday, and today should be the last day in ER. She's healing really well.

My week is all screwed up. I'm tired, it's hard to take care of a 2 year with bandaids. She keeps ripping them off so I have to pull out the ointment they gave me at the hospital, new bandages and set it all up before I fight Dar over there and put it all together. It takes a lot out of you, imagine exercising 24/7, yeah, it feels like that.

Laurel hasn't been any help either, she's started this whining phase, so I have to work with her on that, and unfortunately Cassie started to skip her naps in the day, so she gets really grumpy. It's been one of those weeks.

Although, it has been an overall blessing, because I can put them all down for bed at 8 and they have been sleeping through the night! Ahhhh! Relief. Since none of the kids have been getting up at night, Josh has been getting his sleep, (he usually gets up to get them, I have a hard time falling asleep) and we are all in a happier mood.

I just have to keep reminding myself it is Wednesday and I'm all set.

No comments: