Friday, March 04, 2005

Did I just learn something?

Today was one of those days that everything happened at once. Something on our car broke off, so we had to get it repaired today. So Josh borrowed his dad's truck. Then we didn't have internet access, so my usual morning routine was different. And it went on from there.

It seems like on these kind of days, I get all screwed up. Nothing goes as planned. And in the past I would have been all angry and irritated. But today flew by, with no problems, so it seemed. I didn't get angry once until Josh got home, and that never helps my mood. A lot of times, I need to take a few moments when Josh gets home, so I can have the right attitude, and get on with the rest of my day.

It is so odd for me to write at night, seems like I'm behind, hilarious since I have no schedule to write this. Maybe that's what this is all about, the schedule I put myself on, so I feel like I accomplished something throughout my day.

I am so hard on myself. I think that's why I have such diligence in everything I do. If I don't accomplish my highly set goal though, I'm so disappointed in myself. But it's also a standard I set for others, and one of the biggest struggles in my life. To not set goals on people lives, when they can't possibly fulfill them. Nor are they required to. I know how it feels over and over again, to not reach someone else's expectation on your life. I don't want to do that to other people.

If I keep this under control I can be a great motivational factor.

I was asked to pray for someone today, again, that I really don't want to pray for. Lucky for me, I think I started it right this time. I might have learned from my last mishap. I first prayed for a right attitude, then prayed for the prayer request. And I did it right away, so I didn't procrastinate and never pray for them at all. I have a horrible habit of doing that, putting off something that I hate, and end up never doing it. Remember? Not telling my family right off, that I wanted a quiet birthday for Dar? Yeah. I'm not doing that again. I want it to be right the first time.

Hey, I think I learned something after all, huh, God?

No comments: