Monday, March 07, 2005

Sane visit

You'll never guess what. We actually had a sane visit to my inlaws yesterday! It was so insane that it was a, wanted to jump up and down, throw a couple of dance moves in there, kind of joy. None of us snapped at each other afterwards, we actually were happy and getting through the visit positive, that was beyond a blessing. How awesome.

Josh ended up talking to his brother yesterday, and they were really happy to go to church with us. His wife was completely at home with our church, and his brother, was uneasy because it's such a different atmosphere than a Catholic church. Laurel was dancing in the back with us, singing with us at the top of her little lungs, whether they were the words or not. It was great.

My husband is always amazed by what comes out here. I told him simply, I'm a Moses, I can't talk worth crap, but I can write like crazy. He laughed. I think God has a whole ton of Moses on this earth. Not nearly as close to God, or anything, but people who need an interpreter. I didn't realize I was so different until my brother pointed it out, when I came back from Marquette, one weekend. I said something that no one laughed at, except him, it's just the way our sense of humor is, I think. Quirky.

My husband usually gets my jokes too. Maybe that's why I married him. Why I don't even know the reason I married him, is completely off the wall to me. I had a lot of reasons. Although I don't remember a lot of them, spurious, whimsical reasons, the, oh I like that about him, reasons. Can't pin-point what's so great about him. I saw stability, (ha ha) potential, had a lot of the same views, yeah, the goodies when you really aren't relying on God to help you choose your mate. I could have ended up with a real winner, someone who could have treated me horribly. God was still watching over me, even after I had given up on him. How was I suppose to know we would turn out like this? Simply amazing, is all I have to say.

No comments: