Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Snow day!

Oh wait.

Cassie woke up early this morning, so I was laying in bed, waking up. I find if I lay in bed for 5 minutes I am a lot happier than if I just got up instantly. Mom rushes into our room, and says Jeff is stuck in the ditch on the way to work. Okay, I say and drag myself out of bed, get a coat and everything on, and walk out the door. Mom is ready and pulled her car out. So I get in, she ends up sliding into the snow bank in our driveway so she's stuck now. Our driveway is awful, we don't get it plowed so it's a feat to get out each day. We spend maybe a minute trying to get her out and I say, "Why don't we just take my car." So we grab the shovels and hop into my car. We make it out of the driveway, somehow and get to where Jeff is stuck. So mom gets into his car, and we shovel around it, yada, yada, and we start pushing. After several attempts we find out that the guys driveway has huge rocks at the end of it and Jeff had managed to drive right on top of them. So the frame of his car is stuck on the rocks. So I decided, (they wanted to keep trying and so forth, but I saw it was a lost cause.) that we would call a tow truck. No problem. I drive home, take one look at our driveway and decide I don't want another car stuck in it, and park on the road. I got quite a bit of flack but we have this nice canal that is right next to our driveway, and I could see Josh trying to get the car out and driving right into it. It would top my day.

Jeff ends up calling work telling them he got stuck, and he had to wait for a tow truck. No biggie. His boss asks if he needs help. Nope. We got it. The tow truck comes and pulls Jeffs car out, but manages to bust the tire on the way out. So he ends up towing his car to the garage. So Jeff has no car to get to work. He comes home, and calls his boss, who in the meantime had called again to make sure he didn't need help. As Jeff walks in the door, he is busting a gut, because a guy stopped while they were pulling out the car and asked if they needed any help. My mom told him no, then noticed he had a plow on the front of his truck. She then says, Do you plow? He's like, yeah, I'll follow you home. So Jeff says to me, Mom managed to pick up a guy. What?! I said. He laughs, and tells me the story.

Mom comes in and has this goofy grin on her face. When I told her what Jeff said, she laughed and admitted that she told him she was single. I doubt that a date was made, though it would of been hilarious if there had been. Jeff calls up his boss again, and his boss decided to come and pick him up! Now his boss isn't one of those guys that would automatically does this for a employee, but Jeff and his boss have really been talking lately and gotten to know each other. So he manages to get to work.

Moral of the story: Don't skid out and get your car stuck on a bunch of big rocks. If you do, pick up a guy who will plow your driveway, and become good friends with your boss so he'll pick you up for work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I didn't have any problems w/ditches on my way to work!! LOL