Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I have great respect for performers

Standing up to a crowd? Yeah, laughable. I'm sure I would faint. Okay, not really. But the fear is there and it's real. I would never make it as a comedian or a singer. My voice would crack at every open opportunity. Well, maybe a comedian just because they would laugh at the natural cracking of my voice, but that's not much of a routine. And I'm not that funny. Really, getting me there to be in front of a crowd is the hardest part. I guess it depends on the crowd and how much I wanted to impress or have them like me. It's actually pretty ridiculous, considering how many times I've been in the spotlight. And I still get butterflies. You would think it would get easier. My mother and I were talking this morning about how everyone has insecurities in their life, no matter who you are. Mine just happen to be opening up to other people and I wait for their rejections. And it's not like most the time people really care, why would I think they would decided to mock me then? Suddenly their consciousness wakes up and they mob me on stage? Yeah, only a politician or obscenely opinionated jerk would fall into that category. Maybe the President. Hmm, too bad I don't have bodyguards.

No comments: