Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hey, that's life.

Well, we managed to go to church last night with my brother in law and his wife. And amazingly enough, they didn't try to stuff their masters degrees in our faces or anything. I have a feeling real life may have hit them, and they are searching for the real answers now. We'll have to see.

My inlaws are coming over today, so pray for me. I want to have the right attitude.

Aren't we all searching for answers? I know my brother in law and his wife, when they were in college they were searching for the educated answers. What makes sense for their lives. What makes sense, you'd think that would be enough huh? I always relied on my common sense to get me through a situation. But when I am in an emergency, I go on instinct. The self-sufficiency mode that I'm infected with. It would never have crossed my mind until after the fact, to pray for a situation. It is never too late to pray, however, it would be much more efficient if we did it in the first place.

Doesn't that apply to everything? If you prayed first, maybe some of this crap in our lives wouldn't have happened. I know God likes preventive measures, and He certainly likes hearing from us often.

What would have happened if I would have known God when my dad was alive? I think our whole world would have changed. You know I never really thought about that. Because my dad had passed away, the pastor who did the funeral sent a woman from the church, (who happens to be Noel's mom, God's funny like that, huh?) to invite us to go to church. So my mom checked it out, and we ended up going. How weird it was as a kid to suddenly start going to a church, when I had never heard of God in my life. Yes, I knew that there was something special about a baby named Jesus at Christmas time, but I knew nothing. How amazing that there was something like this out there. I know that God had this in his plans for us. And now, he has several God believing people, faithful to him, telling others of our faith. One person, turned our world upside down.

It branched out from there. God took a hold of us and watched over us. He knew we were suffering, we had so much going against us. It's surprising we weren't a statistic, drugs, alcohol, the works. But God was looking out for us. I often wondered why I never got into any of that, now I know it was God. Kinda scary. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have God's favor on my kids' lives as well.

No comments: