Saturday, March 26, 2005

This is good.

Our driveway stinks. In the winter we don't have a plow and that is a problem because we have a long driveway. The snow is pretty much gone, so now we have this big mud slide of a driveway. This year with my family living here, we have 4 vehicles parked in front. My van always stays off the cement, since I don't use it often enough. But since this week I've been running to the ER each day for re-checks on my abilities of being a mother, the driveway behind the van was getting pretty muddy. Everyone backs into this area and I ended up pulling forward into our yard the last time I got out and still barely managed not to get stuck.

So there is this 7 by 7 foot area of thick 4x4 off-roading mud, right behind my van. Jeff had a friend over and then went out to dinner, but she parked her van up on the cement where he usually does, so he had to park on the other side of my van. However, he really didn't know about the mud and drive right into the worse part possible, sinking his front wheels into the ground past his bumpers. He walks in the door and says,

"I am stuck in my own driveway."

After his friend leaves, Josh, Jeff and I attempt to get the car out, we try boards, we try jacks, we pushed, we pulled. I think we moved half an inch. So we called Josh's dad, who cried about liability and he knew where the tow chain was but it was too dark out to go get it. I was ready to scream you useless piece of crap, but I don't think it would have translated well. Figures that Josh's family couldn't help us in a time of need. Thanks a lot. I said a couple of instant apologetic prayers to God right there because of my attitude, and tried to get over my anger that they couldn't give us the time of day.

We worked on it for close to 2 hours, and it was getting pretty dark. I tried to sneak into my mothers room and she woke up. Dang. What are you doing, she asks. I'm getting a flashlight, I said, then she said the most brilliant thing of all....

Why don't you just call a tow truck?

I almost dropped the flashlight, I'm so stupid! Okay no, let me revise that, Josh, Jeff and I are so stupid! I casually walk outside and say, uh Jeff, why don't you call a tow truck, it's covered by your insurance.

It is? he says. Yup. Get me the number.

So we called around and got a tow service that would pull Jeff out of his own driveway. So we took pictures and Jeff talked with a friend of his who laughed like crazy.

Posted by Hello


The tow truck took a whole 15 minutes. We all walked in muddier than... well, anything.

This kind of stuff never used to happen to Jeff, I'm curious what is going to happen next to him. Maybe I'm not the only one that God is teaching a little humility to.....hmmmm.

No comments: