Thursday, April 14, 2005

The 900 year old man kinda sticks in your brain

Posted by Hello


Josh and the girls have been so cute lately. The girls have been sick, so they have been cuddly. It's so adorable.

The baptism is this weekend, and I asked Josh what he was going to say, but he wasn't sure. I'm sure it will come naturally, but I'm afraid his naturalness will last longer than his minute and a half. He tends to be long-winded. If you thought I was long-winded, talk to my husband.

I've been looking where in the bible it says that Satan fell from heaven. I remember a sermon when I was younger and I seem to remember some dialogue between Satan and God, but I have been unable to find anything. I looked at Luke 10:18, where Jesus says that he saw Satan fall out of the sky (ouch that had to hurt) and Isaiah 14:12, where it has a whole poem about Lucifer. But is that a vision? I have a feeling the pastor put it all together and created his own dialogue. It's been interesting, I was talking to my mom about it, and we know that he fell before creation, otherwise, there would be no serpent. And another thing, is that there is life outside of the garden of Eden, since the serpent just appeared one day. How did it get there? Did Satan think that it would be funny to see if he could tempt Adam and Eve? Or was he jealous of God having this perfect place?

Actually all this searching has been kinda morbid, anything to do with Satan, and you have hell, death and Hades. You get the flip side of it too though, then you start looking into angels and heaven, and more death. I've said before I don't really have this negativity towards death. Sure I fear it, because I want my girls to be secure especially while they are small. I guess I just accept it. I'm glad to know that there is an end. Could you imagine if we were eternal beings on this earth? I think there would be more suicide. I couldn't imagine looking into the face of 900 year old man, you know? Would you see a man, or some semblance of hanging skin?

Wow.

No comments: