Friday, April 01, 2005

I've always been hesitant on reading the psalms. I'm not into poetry, I just don't have the attention span for it. Shakespeare has a tendency to lose me, and Canterbury Tales bore me. Emily Dickinson, yeah, I just don't have enough words to describe how much I dislike her work. The psalms are just not my thing. I've been doing a chapter a day, and it is still hard for me to focus. I keep wondering what it was like when they wrote the psalm, all the background, if they were dying inside, or so joyful they were bouncing off the Egyptian bench and could barely get the words on paper.

I got through Becoming Real, by Steven James, and actually overall the book is pretty good, it brings up a lot of good points, whether I disagree or not. I also got Blue like Jazz (Donald Miller) and read it in a day, and let my brother borrow it. Josh wants to read it when Jeff is done, OH! I forgot! Josh did really well on his pre-testing for his licensing, he even got a 100% on one, and the other ones weren't shabby either. I think he suitably impressed his boss, but then again, his boss is blown away by all of Josh's skills that he's picked up throughout the years. It's been a really beneficial relationship for both Josh and his boss.

Yeah, back to Blue like Jazz, not too bad, but I really didn't get too much out of it. Again, a lot of good points, but I think that it just doesn't apply to my life right now. I know I have to read it again. Now Jeff brought home a book called Chance. It's suppose to be about the percentages of things, like if you got 23 people in one room there is a over a 50% chance that 2 people in the room have the same birthday. I'll have to read through it.

Well I guess enough of the book report.

No comments: