Sunday, April 10, 2005

Too scared

I don't have a cell phone like most people I know. Even my mom has a cell. I just don't have one, I guess the only time I would use it is when I go somewhere with the kids, or whatever. I'm not much of a talker anyways. Who would really call me on my cell phone anyways. I don't get any regular phone calls as it is. That in itself would be a self-esteem downer if I ever got a cell.

We went to a small group meeting, and it went pretty well, I think. We didn't really get connected with anyone new, but it was fun to talk to different people. I found out one of the people, knows my brother. Big surprise there. My brother knows almost everyone on the face of the planet. He just ends up talking to people, and people instantly like him. Maybe it's because he is good looking, there is some element to meeting people, and gravitating towards the people who are better looking to the plain janes. Or joes. He has a good personality too, but I am just curious as to why some people are instantly liked or disliked.

Which comes down to Noels sermon. I got a lot out of it today. Although I try not to judge people, I know I still do, I know we all do. He had a couple of good points. I liked the idea about making a list of things you aren't willing to give up, I'm not sure if I could do it. I think I would be sitting there, staring at a blank sheet of paper for a really long time. At least a day or so.
And sometimes I think that we are all too scared to give anything up.

No comments: