Thursday, April 07, 2005

Wisdom of Mel

I had a couple of things to blog on today. But I almost don't feel like it.

I wish I was a stronger person. I wish I had all the answers and could dole them out in a loving manner. People from around the world would come to see the Wisdom of Mel, and I wouldn't even accept any money. I would do it for the pleasure of making people happy or seriously seeking answers. When I turn into an old lady, I want to be one of those people who sits on a small town bench and just talks to people. I always thought that would be cool.

I know it's a weird idea, of where I want to be in 40 years. I just don't want to turn into a stuffy old lady who can't be bothered with other peoples lives. They'd rather dye, perm, and sit in a salon for hours than relate with the younger generations. I love it when the elderly tell me stories. They are sharing a part of them, that can't be changed, and you take it or leave it, you learn from it, or forget it. And maybe later you think on it, suddenly the light dawns and you realize what had been told to you, if only you would have listened.

No comments: