Sunday, April 24, 2005

What a day.

What a weird day.

Not only is there snow on the ground, but I decided to take my girls to church. They were having a blast, in fact so much, they didn't want to leave. So I had to physically pick up Dar and take her out of the class. Then we went to pick up Laurel and lucky enough a woman took Dar, while I got a hold of Laurel so I could get her coat on and everything. Then I took Dar, and she kicked and screamed like only a 2 year old could do. I got plenty of harsh looks, sympathetic smiles, and even a laugh. I don't think I was terribly embarrassed though, Dar and Laurel were going to do what they wanted, and I wasn't going to stand around and let them mow me over. So I just got out of the church, and by the time we got to the car, they stopped. Surprisingly enough, I never said a word to them, and they rather quietly sat in the car all the way home. And when I mean all the way home, I mean the whole half an hour it takes to get home. Silence.

I was supposed to stop at the store after church and quickly thought it was a poor idea, since the fight we had at church. I'm glad they like going to church and want to stay, but that doesn't give them grounds to throw temper tantrums. We will see how next week goes.

So instead, the girls stayed home with Grandma, while Josh and I went to the store, and picked up diapers and such. When we got home, the girls were so excited to see us. So we played and whatnot, and then Dar realized she had to use the bathroom, and made it!!!! We have been practicing all week and she made it! What a surprise.

We decided to go to Josh's parents, why, I don't know. I guess we are crazy. Before we went we had "the" talk. The remember what you did to me earlier and I'm not going to stand for it talk. And amazing enough we got ready to go, and while grandpa and sam got a hold of Laurel, and she was calmed down, I got Dar, who fought me, and screamed at me, and so I quite plainly put her in a timeout. She was so mad at me. Quite frankly I didn't care. We got Cassie dressed, and heard this "Are you done" coming from Dar in the background. I got everything set, and told her she could get down. She rather quietly got off her chair and walked out the door, no fuss, no hassle. Must of wanted to know her boundaries. Timeouts do wonders.

Then she fought me into the van......

And fell asleep. Two year olds. Thank goodness it is just a stage.

No comments: