Saturday, April 09, 2005

Looking Back

Somedays, I look back each day when I blog, and distastefully stick up my nose to whatever I thought before. Like I've out grown it or something, to mature for my own words. I change every day, so looking back seems to remind me of how ridiculous I must sound. It's good for me though, it helps me get through each day, knowing I'm going to learn something new, however small it may be. And I really like that about myself.

I got permission to post Sam's poetry, here it is.

A Look Inside

I found myself in the dark of night
And when I woke I was so happy.
Then the world came crashing down
And I had to face reality again.
But when I saw the sun up in the sky
Of clouds so fine I felt revived.

I found myself in a dream of fantasy
Where my life was complete.
I was no longer lonely and I was
No longer afraid of the world outside.
The image and feelings of it all
Made me want to cry tears of pure joy.

It is hard when I am surrounded
By people yet feel so constantly alone.
I have found myself in some ways
Though not enough to make me whole.
I am better than I used to be which
Is a step in a stairwell full of thousands.

Samantha Pung (April 2005)

No comments: