Friday, April 29, 2005

A whole lot of...well....nothing.

Alright people. I gave you a warning. Yesterday I whined and complained about empty blogs. But today they are really empty. Makes me want to pull out another corn on the cob story, but who really wants to hear about corn?

Wow, I didn't realize that I put yesterday's blog up twice, I guess I'll edit that. Weird. It's been doing funky stuff like that to me lately. I must blog too often.

Dar is so cute, I wish I knew how to load sound things or even videos on my blog. Dar's been singing You Are My Sunshine, while I play it on the piano. She even sat on top the piano and belted it out with all her might. It was great, and all on video.

I was teaching the girls to parade around the house. We made a shoebox drum for Dar, to hit with spoons, and Laurel played my mandolin as we marched around singing. Dar and Cassie were so thrilled with the drum idea, that we pulled out metal pans, and a couple more spoons, and they drummed for the next few hours. I showed Laurel how to hold the mandolin, and you should have seen her face when she got her first notes ringing out. She was so excited. Who knows, maybe I've got a guitarist or string player in my family after all. That's up to her. Although a guitarist would be pretty awesome.... I wish I had someone to teach me.

Alright I'll admit it, before I die, I would like to marginally be able to play any instrument. Perfecting every instrument is impossible, however I've got a pretty good handle on a few. I guess it's a pretty useless trait, but I LOVE to learn new instruments, it's so challenging for me, but I think it might be a realistic dream. I guess we will have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i dont know you, but somehow i happened to come across this blog. i just read the part about your daughter sitting on top of your piano and singing while you played piano. and it was also adorable that you had all 3 of your daughters playing "drums" and your mandolin. i think that'd be so much fun to do with my kids in the future (i'm only 17 right now). you said its your goal to be able to play any instrument-- thats also been my goal. i started out playing piano just by ear when i was 6 or 7, (i have perfect pitch) then i started taking lessons. i started violin and flute (& piccolo), and i guess they just came naturally to me. so i picked up and taught myself clarinet, french horn, guitar, alto sax, trumpet, i guess whatever i got my hands on. i agree, its really fun. i like the bible verses andf stuff u put on here. i have to go watch my brothers new puppy!!
--heidi

Mel said...

I'm so excited to hear when someone else wants to learn every instrument they can get their hands on! That is so cool!

It is always so encouraging to hear when someone is impacted by my blog. Thanks for letting me know.