Thursday, April 28, 2005

The invention of the corn stabbers

I love mornings when I get to look at different discussions on the riv board, and look at other peoples blogs, however, lately no one has been writing, (that I usually check out) come on guys, write something down.....I'm dying here.

The girls ate corn on the cob yesterday with us, and I wish now that I got pictures. At first they complained that the corn was too hot to eat. So I got out some of those corn holders(from our stuff packed away, mind you, I think my mom just doesn't believe in them anymore, since they vanished from our house, clap as loud as you can and say "I believe in corn cob holders, I believe in...." ). You know, those funny looking corn stabbers, that are about 6 inches long that could seriously take out a few apendages, and be used as a weapon. Yeah, I used those so they would have something to hold on onto when they grabbed the corn. They were pretty thrilled with those things, just like I was when I was a kid. I can remember my dad reaching into the back of the silverware drawer to get those corn stabbers and artfully stab the ends of our corn. Like it was some big treat. An invention that could have been left behind, but kids so marvel at the wonderful things of this world, they keep them around just for them. Well that and if you put butter on the corn, it won't get your hands messy...either way. My kids thought they were the biggest thing since the invention of the corn stabbers.

Well that's it for today, tune in next time for stuffed shells. Are they filled with stuff to eat, or are they used to plaster the walls in Picasso fashion?

No comments: